Dear Saint George Church Family,
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory forever!
With the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph and the blessing of His Grace Bishop Anthony, and on behalf of the Parish Council Chairman, Mr. Michael Moukheiber, and the entire Parish Council, I invite you today to sign-up to attend the Divine Liturgy as we continue with the re-opening of the Church during this Covid-19 crisis. The Parish Council established a Task Force for Covid-19 Response last month, comprising of doctors, nurses, medical personnel, attorneys, technology committee members, and other logistical volunteers to coordinate this re-opening in a safe and responsible manner. The Task Force Chairman is Dr. Marwan Baghdan. After a thorough deliberation, a proposal was presented to the Parish Council and was approved unanimously.
The Church reopened it’s doors for all those who wish to register in the process outlined in the Manual on the Church website. The Manual reflects all CDC, State of Illinois, and Antiochian Archdiocese guidelines, and MUST be followed by all those who desire to be in attendance. Please read the Manual and forms carefully before agreeing to sign. The Task Force has appointed specific people TRAINED to be at the door, who will assist when necessary.
Indeed, this may seem overwhelming at first but I pray we can keep a meaningful approach to coming to the Church remembering at all times the real purpose – to worship God, our healer and our Master.
I offer my thanks to the Parish Council and the Task Force for their diligence and to all of you, the parishioners, for your patience and cooperation.
May God bless you all!
Father Fouad Saba
In order to be in the Church Building of Saint George in Cicero per guidance of the Task Force, you must follow the below Requirements:
- Review online Manual for details on Church attendance.
- Must Sign-up to attend service. Unfortunately, no walk-ins on Sunday.
- Fill out and sign necessary Form online for every person attending.
- Upon receiving confirmation email, Review and sign a Screening Form online for every person attending.
- For arrival to Church on Sunday, wear a mask at all times except to lower it for Communion. (Chanter and Priests do not wear it during services.)
- People attending must arrive between 9:15 am and 10:20 am, then the doors are locked.
- Allow your temperature to be taken before entering.
- Follow instructions for seating.